Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year, so I sat down and decided to come up with a list of the things I love about it. Aside from the fact that it is bitterly cold here in Illinois and I'm crazy busy making Christmas stockings, for me the Christmas season is a combination of creating memories and happy stress.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CHRISTMAS:
- Going to Midnight Mass Christmas Eve
- Christmas day with my family (playing Charades)
- Gift giving, especially for my Grandchildren
- Decorating and setting up my Mother's Christmas Village
- Listening to Christmas music (Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas, Baby")
- Watching Christmas movies, which are too many to list but, love the first "Santa Clause" movie
- Baking Christmas cookies, although I wish I had more time to bake more.
- Sipping hot chocolate on a comfy chair in front of the fireplace, while admiring the Christmas tree
- Shopping in Chicago on Michigan Avenue
- Receiving nice comments from customers who ordered Christmas stockings
- Going in town (Morris, IL) to shop and look at the beautiful Christmas decorations
- Lighting Christmas scented candles
- Poinsettias all around the house
- Attending the Christmas craft fair at the high school
- Taking the time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and watching "The Nativity Story"
Now that you know the things that I love about Christmas, what are the things You love?